Monday 18 March 2013

Ploppy Poo Poo MacYong

This strange creature is based on my canoeing trip with a group of friends up the Caledonia canal on one of the worst weekends to canoe up the canal. the wind was against us and made our journey slow, arduous and painful. I didn't go canoeing or camping for a year or so after. The beautiful, rugged, romantic landscape was marred by the pain of the canoeing and I wish I could have enjoyed it under better circumstances. In Scotland you are allowed to wild camp and basically pitch your tent anywhere. This was on the banks of Loch Lochy and the creature is based on a package I delivered and buried in the woods... I imagined my fecal matter mutating and becoming sentient, roaming along the banks of Loch Lochy... Maybe they will write a song about this creature or it may become part of the mythology of Scotland like Nessy!...


No comments: